Following the statement from the Prime Minister over the weekend, I wanted to get in touch to confirm a few operational changes that will be taking place at Robins & Day, once England enters the new National Lockdown on Thursday 5th November. Our aim is to keep our dealerships as operational as possible, with a view to keeping all our customers and staff safe, whilst keeping the country moving.
From Thursday 5th November, our physical sales showrooms will be temporarily closed, however our sales teams will remain fully available to handle your enquiries digitally or by telephone on 02476 851 458. Video and virtual walk round appointments are still available from all our locations.
We are also able to continue offering our Click & Collect and home delivery^ services, for purchases of a new or used car or van, where safe for both parties. Again, we have strict protocols around this process to both prepare your car safely, and deliver it safely to you. While we cannot at this time complete a full handover with you to explain all the features on your car, be reassured that we will arrange to do this when restrictions are lifted.
Our aftersales departments will remain fully open for service, repairs, MOT and body shop requirements, with appointments proceeding as usual. All existing bookings will remain unaffected and we are open to taking new appointments or assist you with any service, MOT or repair enquires you may have via email, live chat or by telephone on 02476 851 406. You can also still book an appointment online by clicking here.
At this time, we are unaware of any announcements relating to extending the MOT test period and therefore encourage our customers to keep their appointment or if you have not yet booked your appointment, we would advise to book soon to beat the rush following the previous extension period.
Robins & Day are part of PSA Groupe, who are a global automotive manufacturing group. As such, we are implementing the same strict health & safety protocols of PSA Groupe worldwide, with the clear objective of protecting our staff and our customers from COVID-19. These actions include:
• Staff monitoring of basic health measures and a subsequent 14-day isolation period if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. This ensures that our staff are safe to serve you when you visit us
• Social distancing measures around the dealership, clearly marked, for your peace of mind
• Enhanced cleaning regimes of facilities to maintain hygiene
• Specific routines for vehicle hygiene, meaning that we may need your vehicle for a little longer than normal
• Allocated timed appointments for vehicle drop off and collection. This is to ensure that we can maintain social distancing for both staff and customers
• Our staff will be wearing face masks, we ask that you do too. There will be some restricted services on-site in order to keep you and our staff safe. Each site will confirm your arrangements with you.
You will still however find the familiar Robins & Day faces to give you peace of mind. We’re working to keep not only your vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, but to keep you safe as well. These new measures will be applicable in England, until Wednesday 2nd December, when they will be further reviewed. During this time, the safety of our customers, colleagues and their families remains the highest priority and I wish you all well.
We will get through this together and we look forward to seeing you soon.