Peugeot Pre-MOT Checklist
- Headlights and Indicators: Check that all of your car's lights function properly - headlights, sidelights, rear lights, hazard lights and indicators.
- Brake Lights: Press the brake pedal and check that the rear brake lights come on - including any supplementary brake strip light.
- Number Plate: Make sure that the number plate is clean and legible.
- Wheels and Tyres: Check that wheels and tyres are undamaged. The minimum legal tyre tread depth is 1.6mm and any tyres with less than this will be marked as an MOT ‘fail' (though it's recommended that tyres are changed when tread reaches 3mm).
- Seats and Seatbelts:The driver's seat should adjust forwards and backwards and all seatbelts should be in good, working order. Test movement of the seat and inspect the seatbelt's full length for damage. Tug sharply on all seatbelts to check that they react as they're supposed to if you have to brake severely.