- Shoppers in London’s West End were treated to Covid-secure festivities from the back of an all-electric Vauxhall Vivaro-e , to help spread the word that electric vehicles are welcome in city centres
- ‘Electro’ remixes of classics like ‘Silent Night’ and ‘Fairytale of New York’ were created after Brits voted them their favourite Xmas songs
- Vauxhall ‘Christmas Cheer Ambassador’ SUAT rose to fame by trying to keep the nation dancing through 2020 with his mobile one man disco
London, 16 December 2020: Vauxhall Motors teamed up with social media sensation SUAT to create the UK’s first ever socially distanced drive-by ‘Carol Service’, in a bid to spread some last minute Christmas cheer ahead of Tier Three restrictions being imposed on London on Wednesday.
SUAT hit the streets of London’s West End in a fully electric Vauxhall Vivaro-e Life, playing remixed versions of classic Christmas songs and carols. His setlist featured classics from ‘Silent Night’ to ‘Fairytale of New York’ after a OnePoll survey of 2000 Brits found that they were the nation’s favourites.
The socially distanced pop-up ‘gig’ was designed primarily to spread some cheer in lieu of traditional festivities like work Christmas parties and Carol Services, many of which have been scrapped due to London heading into tier 4 Covid-19 restrictions. Meanwhile, the nation’s favourite Christmas tunes received modern ‘electro’ remixes to help get people talking about electric vehicles and celebrate Vauxhall itself ‘going electric’ with the launch of the all-electric Corsa-e, Vivaro-e and forthcoming Mokka-e.
“With London heading into tier three tomorrow it’s been fantastic to hit the streets with Vauxhall to play my special Christmas remixes to those who are going to miss out on their usual Christmas celebrations” said SUAT, whose real name is Zach Sabri.
“The reaction has been brilliant! It was great to see so many smiling faces and some people even said it was the first ‘live’ music they’d heard all year. Things are going to be a bit different this Christmas, but it’s great to do something socially distanced and Covid secure that can still give people a dose of Christmas fun”.
Here’s how Brits responded when asked to name their favourite Christmas songs and Carols:
Brit’s top five favourite Christmas songs
- Fairytale of New York: 32%
- White Christmas: 30%
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas: 25%
- Last Christmas: 25%
- Driving Home For Christmas: 25%
Brit’s top five favourite Christmas carols
- Silent Night: 40%
- O Come All Ye Faithful: 30%
- Hark The Herald Angels Sing; 30%
- Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem: 24%
- Away In A Manger: 24%
The survey, which also looked at how Brit’s use their cars at Christmastime, found that it was the second most popular place to listen to Christmas music after the cosy confines of our homes. It also identified that 20% of Brits prefer to pick and transport their own tree home each year, while a huge 50% opt to re-use the same artificial tree year after year.
Priced from £37,645 on the road, the Vauxhall Vivaro-e Life Edition is a stylish and well-appointed go-anywhere family car, or luxury limousine. With space for up to eight occupants, there’s plenty of load space for luggage and a raft of innovative technology. The Vivaro-e is another milestone on the journey to electrifying the Vauxhall brand.