- A 100% electric new Citroën ë-Dispatch van will help London Christmas Tree Rental deliver its trees this Christmas, covering more than 2,000 miles with zero-emissions
- Using the all-electric ë-Dispatch will cut the company’s CO2 emissions by the same amount as 1,900 live Christmas trees absorb over the festive period*
- London Christmas Tree Rental allows customers to rent a potted tree for the holidays, with the company collecting it again in January so it can continue to grow
- An estimated 414,000 delivery vans are operating in the UK currently** and van traffic has increased by 56% since 2000, reflecting the UK’s increasing reliance on LCVs to deliver goods and services
- New Citroën ë-Dispatch can achieve up to 205 miles of driving range from a single charge and comes with a load volume of up to 6.6m3 and up to 1,226kg maximum payload
Citroën is bringing zero emissions holiday cheer to homes and businesses across London this year by joining forces with the innovative team at London Christmas Tree Rental. The collaboration will save nearly half a tonne of CO2 emissions – that's equivalent to the amount of CO2 estimated to be absorbed by more than 1,900 Christmas trees over the festive period*.
London Christmas Tree Rental encourages customers to ‘hire’ a tree for the holidays. Its Norway Spruce trees come supplied in pots and are collected after Christmas so it can continue to grow. Customers can even rent the same tree year after year.
The 100% electric new Citroën ë-Dispatch van will cover more than 2,000 miles as part of the initiative – saving more than 428kg of CO2 compared to an equivalent Diesel van. The all-electric powertrain will also help to reduce running costs thanks the low cost of recharging its battery.
Traffic volumes for LCV’s have experienced huge growth over the last two decades. The amount of miles travelled by vans has increased by 56 per cent since 2000 and there are an estimated 414,000 delivery vans operating in the UK** right now, with each estimated to cover more than 13,000 miles a year***.
Jonathan Mearns, founder of London Christmas Tree Rental, said: “London Christmas Tree Rental is about revolutionising how we use Christmas trees and electric vehicles are revolutionising the motor industry, so it's a great relationship. As a new company we are always looking at how we can be more efficient and using an electric van is one of those significant steps. It's all about sustainability after all, so we're really up for his exciting collaboration.”
Available with either a 50kWh or a 75kWh battery, the new ë-Dispatch features a 100kW (136hp) electric motor and is capable of up to 205 miles on a single charge with 75kWh battery versions. Supporting up to 100kW rapid charging, an 80% charge can take as little as 30 minutes. A full charge from an 11kW Wallbox will take four hours and 45 minutes or seven hours depending on the battery size.
New ë-Dispatch van features no compromises in terms of capability either. With up to 6.6m3 of load volume and a maximum payload of up to 1,226kg. New ë-Dispatch is ideal for all types of business use. London Christmas Tree Rental was started after founder Jonathan Mearns realised that more than seven million Christmas trees end up as landfill each year.