Peugeot Citroen Retail UK LIMITED trading as “Robins and Day”
- The following words and expressions have the following meanings unless inconsistent with the context:
The Finance Director, who can be contacted by post at Pinley House, 2 Sunbeam Way, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 1ND or by email at:
a small amount of data sent from the server, which is then stored on your computer’s hard disc drive;
Data Protection Act 1998 as amended from time to time;
“process” or “processing”
“sensitive personal data”
as defined in the DPA;
“we”, “us” or “our”
Peugeot Citroen Retail UK Limited trading as “Robins and Day”, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 0129806 whose registered office is at Pinley House 2 Sunbeam Way, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 1ND and who may be contacted at email@example.com; and
an individual, company, or firm accessing our Site or contacted by us as part of our referral scheme.
- References to any statute or statutory provision include, unless the context otherwise requires, a reference to the statute or statutory provision as modified or re-enacted and in force from time to time, and any subordinate legislation made from time to time under the relevant statute or statutory provision.
- References to “persons” include natural persons, firms, partnerships, companies, corporations, associations and organisations, (in each case whether or not having separate legal personality).
- Use of any gender includes the other genders.
- Words in the singular include the plural and words in the plural include the singular.
- Any reference to "writing" or any cognate expression includes communications by post and email but not facsimile or text messages.
- The headings to Conditions do not affect the interpretation of these Conditions.
- Any phrase introduced by the term "include", "including", "in particular" or any similar expression will be construed as illustrative and will not limit the sense of the words preceding that term.
- Our primary reason for collecting your personal data is to address enquiries and provide quotations which you may request on our Site from time to time and provide you with the most efficient service possible. We do not anticipate collecting or processing sensitive personal data about you.
- Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal data.
- What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
- When you contact us via the "Contact Us" link on our Site or make use of the “Chat” function or contact us by telephone or email us we will collect personal data from you.
- Personal data may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
- If you request a quotation from us, we may collect personal data from you.
- If you register for our referral scheme we will collect personal data relating to you and any individual you refer to us.
- If we are given your personal data by another person who has referred you to us as part of our referral scheme we will use this personal data unless you ask us not to.
- The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example, your name, email address, postcode, telephone number and other information collected through our Site.
- We will process your personal data so that:
(a) maintain records relating to your account in order to allow you to refer further individuals to us and to track your eligibility for any rewards;
(b) identify which individuals you have referred and tell them that they have been referred by you; and
(c) facilitate your receipt of any rewards you may be eligible for;
- we can, where we have been given your personal data by another person who has referred you as part of our referral scheme, contact you with marketing communications and recommendations unless you ask us not to;
- we can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time on our Site, by post or by email.
- Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
- the general administration of your records by us;
- the general maintenance of our database and records by us;
- to maintain records of payments made by you;
- for credit referencing purposes;
- for the purposes of training our employees and improving the services we provide to you;
- for security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us;
- for our general marketing purposes unless you have notified us to the contrary.
- Our data processors.
- Other companies which are part of the group of companies which we may be part of from time to time.
- Third party agents who manage and/or process payments received from you on our behalf, or any other business partner, supplier or subcontractor for the performance of any contract we may enter into with you.
- Third party credit reference agencies who assess credit scores for us where you request a credit check.
- Third party companies which we may use from time to time for our marketing and advertising purposes, including but not limited to in relation to our referral scheme.
- Other third parties such as analytical or search engine providers in order to better optimize or improve our Site.
- Where you have registered to participate in our referral scheme and refer other individuals to us we will need to share your name and email address with Park Card Services Limited trading as “Love2Shop”, but will only share your personal data to the extent needed to provide and manage your rewards. If you have not agreed to participate in our referral scheme your personal data will not be shared in this way.
- Where you have registered to participate in our referral scheme and refer other indivisals to us we will also share your name with the people you have referred to us when we contact them. If you have not agreed to participate in our referral scheme your personal data will not be shared in this way.
- We may also need to disclose your personal information in the event that:
- we have a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, enforce a contract we have with you, or need to disclose personal data to protect our rights, property or safety and those of our vistitors, customers or others.
- we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold will be transferred to the third party acquiring our other assets; or
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal data to a prospective buyer or seller;
- You have the right to object to your personal data being used for 'direct marketing' and/or 'host mailing' purposes (see Conditions 4.2.7 and 5.5 above). You can change your options in relation to the information you wish to receive at any time by contacting our Compliance Officer in writing by post or email. If you object to your personal data being used for these purposes please note that you will not be able to participate in our referral scheme.
- You have the right under the DPA to request from us information as to what personal data we are processing about you. Such requests should be made in writing by post to the Compliance Officer and should be accompanied by a £10.00 fee. We will provide you with the relevant information within 40 days of receipt of the request and the fee in cleared funds.
- You have the right to request corrections be made to the personal data held by us about you by contacting our Compliance Officer in writing by post or email.
- You have other rights under the DPA in relation to our processing of your personal data.
- We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees and sub-contractors with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
- If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data you should write, in the first instance to our Compliance Officer.
- If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner's office information line on: (0044) 01625 545745 or visit their website at www.ico.org.uk.
- This legal notice and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this legal notice or its subject matter.