Updated: 5th May, 2020 @10:39
A MESSAGE FROM JAMES WESTON, CEO OF ROBINS & DAY
It’s been a month since we had to shut our showroom doors and we all entered national lockdown to stop the spread of Coronavirus. As a garage we are classed as an essential service, so we were able to safely keep open a number of our sites aftersales departments in order to maintain NHS and key worker cars and vans which we were very glad to do.
At the end of April the Government said that we can, where safe to do so, deliver cars and by doing this we can safely open some additional sites for aftersales work. As you may be anxious about getting your car serviced, maintained or your car is due to get an MOT I wanted to give you an update on our position.
We are progressively opening more of our Aftersales departments across the country which can be found here – whilst we will continue to prioritise to Key Workers and critical fleets, we are able to take bookings for general vehicle servicing, MOTs and repairs for all customers.
Robins & Day are part of PSA Groupe who are a global automotive manufacturing group, and as such we have to implement the strict health & safety protocols of PSA Groupe worldwide. With the clear objective of protecting our staff and our customers from Covid-19. These actions include:
- Staff monitoring of basic health and subsequent 14 day isolation in case of any Covid-19 symptom – ensuring our staff are safe to serve you, if you visit us
- Social distancing measures around the dealership, clearly marked, for your peace of mind
- Enhanced cleaning regimes of facilities – to maintain hygiene
- Specific routines for vehicle hygiene – meaning we may need your vehicle for a little longer than normal
- Allocated timed appointments for vehicle drop off and collection – to maintain social distancing
- Our staff will be wearing a face mask and safety glasses – please don’t be alarmed – this is a general precaution we are taking – behind the mask is a welcoming smile.
There will be some restricted services on-site – we can currently not allow while-you-wait appointments on site, nor offer you a beverage at this time.
You will however find the familiar faces, to give you the peace of mind – keeping not only your vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, but yourself you safe as well.
We are also able to start doing a few home deliveries where safe for both parties. Again we have strict protocols around this process to prepare your car safely and deliver it safely to you. We will not at this time be able to complete a full handover with you to explain all the features on your car, we will arrange to do this when restrictions are lifted. Sales open sites can be found here.
We have a centralised team working who are able to answer your calls, respond on live chat or e-mail and we look forward to seeing you soon.