UK Electric Car Government Grant - up to £3,500 available towards the cost of a brand new electric car
The government provides a grant to reduce the initial purchase costs of an eligible electric vehicle. The grant also assists with the costs association with the purchases and installation of charge points. These grants are provided by The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
Through the grant, customers can get:
- Either a maximum of £3,500 or 35% of the cost of the car, for cars with CO2 emissions of less than 50g/km, with a range of at least 11km (70 miles) with zero emissions.
- Either a maximum of £8,000, or 20% of the cost of a van
- Either £1,500, or 20% of the cost of a motorcycle
The grant is automatically taken from the price of the vehicle when purchased; there is no additional paperwork to complete.
To find out more, visit gov.uk at https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants
Only vehicles approved by the government are eligible.
Please note that criteria for grants are subject to change.
All-New Peugeot e-208
- 100% electric addition to the Peugeot 208 range
- 100kW electric motor and a 50kWh battery: range of up to 211 miles according to WLTP procedures
- Three driving modes: Eco, to optimise range, Normal, optimising comfort, and Sport, allowing the driver to prioritise performance.
- The battery is covered by an 8 year, 100,000 mile manufacturer warranty.
All-New Peugeot e-2008 SUV
- 100% electric SUV
- 100kW electric motor and 50kWh battery, with 193 miles of range under WLTP testing
- Supports 100kW rapid charging technology, taking just 30 minutes to charge to 80%
- The battery is positioned under the floor, so there's no compromising the boot or interior space.
DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE
- High performance hybrid by DS Automobiles
- 300 hp and a torque of 450 Nm
- 4-wheel drive
- 50 kilometre all-electric range (WLTP standard)
- Energy recovery during braking or deceleration.
- Features 4 modes: zero emission, sport mode, hybrid mode and 4WD
- Using the expertise acquired through Formula E, DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4 is regenerated whenever the driver decelerates or uses the brakes ("BRAKE" function) to extend the range.
DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE
- Fully electric compact premium SUV
- A potential range of 200 miles (WLTP drive cycle, 267 NEDC drive cycle)
- Power of 136hp
- Torque of 260Nm
- Acceleration from 0-30mph in 3.3 seconds
- One of the most popular vehicles in the UK is getting a fresh new look plus an all new electric version
- 211 mile WLTP range
- 80% capacity in 30 minutes charging time
- 136bhp engine: 62mph in just 8.1 seconds
Vauxhall Grandland X Hybrid4
- Vauxhalls first-ever all-wheel drive plug-in hybrid
- Features state-of-the-art plug-in hybrid technology
- Euro 6d petrol engine
- Fully electric range of up to 30 miles
- Four driving modes - electric, hybrid, AWD and Sport